26.04.2014 - 26.04.2014 19 °C
We'll I won't start to describe Shanghai as it was cold and very wet when I arrived, and stayed that way for the day I was there.
Saying that, there were many highlights, including:
- getting picked up from the airport by Sandra Brown
- riding the high speed Maglev train from the airport and connecting to the superb subway system
- witnessing some of the most craziest traffic in the world
- seeing the thousands of cyclists braving the rain and the traffic with no helmets and various ways to avoid the rain from hand held umbrellas to whole bike raincoats (I want one)
- registering myself at the police station
- eating scrummy steam buns from Sandra's local Babi Mantou
- an hour long foot massage for just over $10
- going to a superb Shanghai dumpling restaurant that has a Michelin Star and branches worldwide. Din Tai Fung served up some amazing service and the best Chinese food I have had in my life so far. They are famous for xiaolongbao, soup dumplings- dumplings with the soup on the inside.